We’ve all been there: Getting ready to teach class, turning the sound system on, and thinking, “Hmm…what music should I play today?”
As a Pilates teacher and HUGE music fan, I get a lot of compliments from my clients on my class music choices. Client experience is incredibly important to me, and the type of music you play during your class sets a particular tone and mood that can dictate the energy of the session.
That being said, I realize music tastes vary widely, so what I think is a top notch playlist may not be someone else’s bag at all, and that’s perfectly okay.
In this Playlist blog series, I’m going to share themed playlists of songs that I love playing during my classes. Hopefully I can share awesome songs (IMHO) you may have never heard before to help keep your class music fresh and fun.
The first playlist I want to introduce is the CHILL DRAMATIC PLAYLIST (Volume 1).
This is a hand-selected collection of songs from some of my favorite artists that may be acoustic or melodic at their base, but have a motivating or dramatic beat. Perfect for keeping the tone of the class beautifully low-key and emotionally evocative, yet energetically forward-focused.
- “All Around Me” – Bahari & Cody Lovaas
- “Quiet Talk” – Jillian Edwards
- “Stay” – Crywolf & Ianborg
- “Dust to “Dust” – The Civil Wars
- “Soul Meets Body” – Death Cab for Cutie
- “Leap Year” – Maria Taylor
- “Jesus Christ 2005 God Bless America” – The 1975 (feat. Phoebe Bridgers)
- “Delicate” – Taylor Swift
- “Lucky Denver Mint” – Jimmy Eat World
- “Speeding” – Lights
- “Be Still My Heart” – Peter Bradley Adams
- “Northern Towns” – Tommy Lefroy
Access the playlist directly here: